If you have medium to large scale commercial sewing projects in the pipeline or you wish to start your own embroidery/sewing shop, one of the mandatory things to invest in is a good and effective commercial computerized machine. A thoughtfully designed industrial machine is meant to serve several purposes and make your projects easier. From stitching to embroidery, apparel to upholstery, industrial machines vary in capacity to perform tasks at different levels, giving precision, quality, and accuracy in every stitch.
The machines constructed for commercial purpose consists of various heads, needles, stitches and patterns. Since they are designed and constructed to perform heavy tasks on all kinds of material, they are heavy duty, made of sturdy material and equipment and most importantly, make much more noise than a domestic machine. We are also going to review a couple of dedicated Embroidery machines as this is often a requirement for any commercial type services.
Our list below is a compilation of some of the best computerized commercial machines that target various needs of the users. Before you make any decision, do take a look at them:
The Janome Horizon Memory Craft is an ideal choice for small shops that make quilts, home décor items and garments. The machine offers 425 built-in stitches and 338 embroidery designs, it gives users endless ways to be creative and experimental. Janome is suitable for both, professionals as well as beginners; therefore you would find it user-friendly and easy to operate.
Unlike other machines, Janome comes as a trusted and reliable name when comes to its tools and construction. You can do hours of stitching; embroidery and not get tired because of its ergonomic features and options.
- Consists of 425 Built-in stitches and 338 Built-in embroidery designs including fonts, letters and monogramming functions
- Embroidery sewing speed: 400 – 1,000 spm
- Allows users to resize, combine, duplicate, drag & drop, zoom, trace, user colour choice, flip, arc, group
- Memory capacity is up to 4mb storage
If you are looking for a commercial computerized machine that gives you innovative designs and precision at the same time, Singer Futura XL-580 is what we recommend. With 250 built-in embroidery designs including numbers, letters and hoops, you can make exclusive and creative designs/logos for personal clothing, home décor and commercial items.
Singer Futura is a great machine that gives fine results. Its add-on features include Swiftsmart Threading System, Drop & Sew Bobbin System and a knee lifter that makes lengthy projects easy and comfortable to complete. However, the machine is exclusively designed for professionals and innovators and requires proper settings and hands-on experience that beginners may lack.
- 250 embroidery designs
- Additional features include Large Hoop, Small Hoop, and Endless Embroidery Hoop
- USB key included
- Comes with Swiftsmart Threading System
- Swift smart threading System
- Drop and Sew bobbin system
- Includes Software like Autopunch software, Hyperfont software and Advanced editing software
The Brother SE1800 is one of its kind commercial computerized machines that fit all needs. With a large embroidery space, it includes 1and additional features such as monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch and a wide range of decorative stitches including heirloom, drawnwork, shell tuck, applique, cylindrical sewing etc.
For commercial and large projects, Brother SE1800 offers My Customer Stitch Feature, which means you can make exclusive customized designs and patterns for your home decorative items, clothes and save them into the built-in memory of the machine.
- A 5×7 inch embroidery field
- 184 sewing stitches and 10 buttonhole styles
- 136 embroidery designs including letters and fonts
- 11 sewing feet
- It has a variable speed control start-stop button
- It also has Jam Resistant Quick-Set Top-Load Drop-in Bobbin
If your prime objective to buy a commercial sewing machine is to give straight stitches, you wouldn’t find a better option than JUKI. The machine appears to be a sturdy one, with lesser vibration noise and a high-speed motor that gives 5500 stitches per minute.
As a simple machine with no advanced features of embroidery, designs and patterns, JUKI is ideally meant for small, medium and big industrial projects provided they are on light to medium weight fabrics and not on leather or any other heavy material.
- High-speed motor with 5500 stitches per minute
- Variable stitching with the length limit of up to 5mm.
- LED light for better and clear view
- Features servo motor that uses less power
More like a workhorse, Singer CG-950 is a heavy duty, powerful and durable machine exclusively designed for heavy materials and commercial sewing projects. With impeccable power and speed of up to 1,110 stitches per minute, it features 18 built-in basic, stretch and decorative stitches to make clothes and home décor items beautiful and unique.
Comparing Singer CG-950 with other commercial sewing machines, you will find this as a much durable and stronger option for heavy material and fabrics.
- High-speed motor with a top speed of 1100 stitched per minute
- Includes four-step buttonholes, Top bobbin winder and Automatic needle threader
- Made of heavy-duty metal and stainless steel bedplate
- Consists of 18 built-in stitches
- Electrical foot control
If you are doing embroidery projects, then a dedicated embroidery machine is a must. The Brother PE770 is known for its durability, flexibility and versatility. With built-in memory, a great deal of embroidery and stitching options and an expansive embroidery field, Brother PE770 is one of the ideal machines to be used for commercial purposes and can stitch all kinds of fabrics such as jackets, bags, curtains and home decoration items.
Along with a built-in USB port, it also features a built-in library that consists of 136 designs and patterns. Whether a beginner or a professional, Brother PE770 is easy to use and comes with a 25-year warranty and free phone support to entertain your queries.
- 184 Sewing Stitches.
- 136 Built-in Embroidery Designs.
- 6 Built-in Embroidery Lettering Fonts
- Includes automatic needle threader
- Features Jam Resistant Quick-Set Top-Load Drop-in Bobbin.
- 10 built-in frame shapes and 12 border styles.
- 25 years warranty
Do you need to do a lot of embroidery? If you are willing to spend a considerable amount on a computerized machine that serves commercial purposes, CAMFive is worth every penny. Tagged as expensive, resourceful and user-friendly, it is also extremely powerful and durable, making it ideal for commercial usage. The machine has a high speed 1000 rpm motor that gives faster and precise stitching in every move.
It features a touch screen panel that can display in multiple languages and you can easily add, modify and delete designs, patterns and logos. CAMFive also features an Automatic Recovery System, which recognizes and retrieves the lost embroidery design and allows you to finish your project from where you had stopped last time.
- High-speed motor with 1000 revolutions per minute
- Includes 8 heads and 15 needles
- A Voltage regulator that protects the machine
- Includes Electronic monitoring system analysis
- Sash frame/pantograph for flat embroidery
It is hard to say which one from all the above is the best to recommend. The best-suited machine will be the one that fits to your needs and will give the results you wish to get in order to successfully complete your sewing projects. It is important for you to understand the nature of your work at present and also predict the projects that you will be performing in the future before you make any decision. If you have heavy materials to work on, we suggest Brother sewing machines as an good choice, if a straight stitch is what you aim for, simply go for JUKI DDL-5550 and if you are a creative soul, intending to make exclusive designs and patterns, Janome would be an option to look at.